Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Sweet with the Sour

I just spent a great weekend in Salt Lake City attending General Conference. I heard some fantastic, spiritual, and inspiring things over the past two days. So much so that it's still all processing. One thing that really hit me was "being grateful". Be grateful for all that your have in your life. This day is not ours, it's a gift. At any moment we can lose this gift. So be stoked and grateful for everything you have right now. Somewhere there is someone that can't tie their own shoes, if you can, be grateful for that. It's all about the small things just as much as it is about the big ones.

There was a lot more to General Conference, but that would be an entirely different blog...perhaps one more reverent than one founded on Q-TIP usage. Moving right along, this weekend was in a word: awe-inspiring. (yeah, I know)

Then there's the flip-side...I returned to California to find out that a job-- THE job -- that I was waiting to hear about has turned me down. It's unfortunate. And I'm not going to lie, it definitely took the wind out of my sails a bit. However, i wasn't angry or depressed. I wanted to be, don't get me wrong. But, I wasn't. Instead, I had an overwhelming sense of gratitude. It kind of freaked me out. I got the letter, read it, had a moment to process and the first thing that popped into my head was, "Okay, what do I need to learn from this?"

So, not really sour at all...it was more like the sorbet you have at the end of course to cleanse your palate. Yeah, I like that.

5 comments:

Erica said...

what are you tasting now that your palate is clean?

Thomas 24 said...

There is a reason for everything. Like the reason why I could not see you on tv or in any photos online regarding Conference. They didn't want all of the females embarking upon SLC with their Q-Tip Wads.

Erica said...

wow. my mom is now flirting w/ you. how do you feel about that?

Radical Ryno said...

Way to be man. Good to hear you're still looking for the better opportunities. Cheers to that.

Thomas 24 said...

I enjoy your blog because you let people post their comments. Even Q-Tip comments.