Friday, June 29, 2007

In the Land of the Hairless...I am King!

Interesting fact: Probably 90% of all Asians don't have arm hair. Indeed, beyond that I'm fairly certain they don't have much leg hair, back hair (god help them if they do), or chest hair. Given that, my students are fascinated by my light hair and my arm hair! They can't get enough. They come up to me and rub my forearms with their hands feeling my arm hair. I wore shorts the other day and two of my pre-schoolers, Stanley and Jaimie, couldn't stop playing with my leg hair. They just kept stroking my knees giggling. Such sillies they are!

4 comments:

Erica said...

sounds like cute little munchkins you get to teach! by the time you get back to the USA, you'll be so used to kids stroking your hairs that it won't be so awkward for me to do it. =)

Chris said...

um...awkward! haha

Fiona said...

Don't you find it amusing that you have detested being so hairy and now you're in a culture that marvels at your hairyness?! Work your magic!!

Erica said...

you know...when i wrote that sentence that's the same thing i thought...awkward. ha i agree w/ fiona. work your magic!