Sunday, September 9, 2007

6.0 at least

The other night at around 2:17 am or so, I was awoken to my room being shaken side to side vigorously. Lying in bed, I realized, "Hey! This is an earthquake!"

I've experienced earthquakes in California so no big deal, right? The hit for a few seconds then dissipate. After about 10 seconds this sucker wasn't letting up. And this sucker was big. It ended up lasting almost 30 seconds!!!

The next day I was told it was around a 3.something. I've felt a lot of minor quakes in Los Angeles and this wasn't a minor quake. This one had to be around 6.0. Turns out it was something like 6.7. Yeah.

No damage or anything. Interesting though, I've lived in California for most of my life and I've felt more earthquakes in Taipei in 3 months than I have in both San Francisco and Los Angeles combined for the past 5 years. Yeah, Taiwan has the most fault lines compared to anyplace in the world!

4 comments:

Erica said...

safety first!

Thomas 24 said...

You're just shaking things up!

Thomas 24 said...

I'm glad to see you're not sleeping in pink beds.

Radical Ryno said...

Interestingly, I experienced my very FIRST earthquake on my way back from Oz, at UCLA. I was at Eagle U in the middle of my sleep and I thought a ghost was screwing with me. The next morning I found out I wasn't crazy.