Thursday, May 31, 2007

Quack, Quack

I had the best Memorial Day Weekend...EVER! I just got back from spending some time in Washington, D.C. and Duck Beach in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

D.C. I'll get to in a moment. For now, let us turn our attention to Duck Beach. I really had no idea what to expect. I figured a beach house full of good friends, new friends, the house weirdo, some great food, and relaxing on the beach. My expectations were blown out of the water -- in a good way. The house I was staying in had 25 of the most awesome people ever! Even the house weirdo rocked! The food was ahhh-mazing! Kudos to Brittney on her culinary expertise. There were a lot of other houses down there that were part of our "group" but none compared to savory delights. There was a beach volley-ball tournament, crab hunting, and best of all, NO DRAMA....at least not in our house.

As a fun side-note, I learned a new phrase this weekend. "NCMO" (pronounced 'NICMO') meaning Non-Committal Make-Out HILARIOUS! For whatever reason, I think that is just so funny. Have you had your NCMO, today???

Post Week-end I returned to D.C. with my friends and explored the District a bit more. I love that city. Love it, love it, love it. I've been several times since 2004 and really want to make that my home. So here's the latest: Starting at 10:00 am EST Thursday, May 31, 2007 I started my AROUND-THE-WORLD venture...

(for more specifics see the posting "AROUND-THE-WORLD VENTURE"...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NCMO: BYU-born and widely used throughout Happy Valley. However, I think you should make T-shirts that say "Have you had your NCMO today?" It'd be awesome!