Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Kids...


Finally, I got some pictures of my kids that I'm currently teaching. These aren't all of them. I teach six classes a day ranging in age from pre-school up to about 3rd grade. The school has this fun tradition that if it's someone's birthday that month they entire grade gets to have a party! They cancel one class period and we just play. I wish my school was like that growing up. Anyways, these kids are all adorable and I love 'em to bits and pieces. Not to say that there aren't a few students that definitely drive me up the wall -- or will in the future.

These three are my Grade Basic kids. Essentially, they are old enough to be in grade school but don't speak a word of English. They're definitely some of my favorites. Though they can't really express themselves yet, I can tell they are here to learn and are excited. Right now we're working on greetings: "How are you?" "I'm fine, thank you." So they may actually hate this place and hate my face, but as far as I know -- they're fine! My ignorance is their bliss. Or something to that affect.

4 comments:

Erica said...

hello kitty! what a blast from the past! and we love meat...what's that sticker for? keep up the good work!

Fiona said...

You look so happy--and not so surprisingly so do the kids!! Keep up the energy, you'll need it!

joyful. said...

you, my friend, are now officially on my list. hah.

Thomas 24 said...

It looks challenging & rewarding - thanks for the updates.