Thursday, August 30, 2007

Worst Invention Ever....EVER!

For those of you that don't know (and I'm sure you all do), I'm in Taiwan teaching English to kids aged preschool up to 5th grade. Periodically, I have to teach the little kids -- the two year-old preschoolers -- art class. As far as I'm concerned, their skill level in art is "here's a crayon, now color." They can't color inside the lines to save their life, but it gives them the semblance of trying to do art.

Then there's the cutting. And here's where the worst invention part comes in...child-proof scissors. UUUuugh!!! I hate -- nay, loathe them. They don't cut. Here, let's teach kids how to cut things with something that DOESN'T EVEN CUT!!! It's so frustrating!

I'd rather have little kids learn with real scissors and loose the tip of a finger. That way they'll have accomplished cutting AND learned a lesson about something.

1 comment:

Thomas 24 said...

You can't even cut a Q-Tip with those.