Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Bestest Friends...and Q-TIPS

I have a large group friends. I mean, a lot. What can I say? I'm popular. People like me. I'm awesome. Who wouldn't want to be friends with me? Oh, and I'm humble. But really, all the silliness aside, I have a good number of friends. I was reflecting on this the other day -- and by "this", I mean "my friends". Not anyone in particular, just all of them and what they are up to?, what's going on in their lives?, where are they going?, etc. As these thoughts went round-n-round in my head it occurred to me that my friends are AMAZING! I'm not bragging. Don't confuse this for self-gloating of how awesome my friends are. But rather let me expound a bit...

I won't name names or go into specifics, but I have friends that are changing the world for the better. They are teachers (one doesn't wear any underwear, but that's a personal choice -- just kidding!), business owners, artists, speakers, members of the military, government bound, health care (both physically and mentally), video-game designers, the list goes on. Sure, it sounds like an average list of friends' occupations. But these aren't occupations, these are Passions! Their passions! When I talk to them and ask what they're up to, they don't mind talking about work, because it's not work to them! It's amazing. They are changing their lives for the better because they chose to pursue their passion and in doing so will never actually "work" a day in their life!

Once they have changed their lives (as many already have) that greatness and inner desire for the pursuit of passion spreads to those around them. I'm so luck and blessed to have such great and brilliant friends. If I had one wish for anyone in the world, it would be for them to have the same caliber of friends as I have. I love them all so dearly and can't share with them enough without it sounding kinda weird...

If I had a second wish, it would be for everyone to wake up one morning with a box of the Family Size Q-TIPS (500 count). Best gift ever. EVER.

2 comments:

Erica said...

hmmm...try waking up after making a costco run and having not just one box of 500 QTips, but three boxes. yeah. that's right, we're not running out anytime soon.

oh, and what comes to mind when i read your blog, "you're so vain...you probably think this song is about you...you're so vain..."

Thomas 24 said...

Anyone who has such a enormous Q-Tip collection & watches 24 is fine with me.