Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Classics...

An interesting phenomenon has occurred. Since I've been in Taiwan my appetite for reading has increased. Ever since I graduated from college I've developed a ravenous hunger for literature spanning many genres. But here, that hunger has burgeoned! I think it stems from the amount of hours I work in relation to the amount of free time I have...of the latter, I have very little. Given that, it's easy to just dip into a book when you have a few down minutes during lunch or trying to sleep.

I've always wanted to read some of literary classics and here I found the opportunity. I decided to start with Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Wow! What a great book. I wasn't even done and Dumas was catapulted to the top of my Favorite Authors list. After I finished Count I wanted -- nay, craved -- to read some of his other works, most notably The Three Musketeers. Ah-mazing! I've never read an author that such wonderful prose and action to truly capture the reader into the pages of the story. After reading Musketeers I determined that this book in it's entirety would make an EXCELLENT MOVIE!!! Something to think about...

2 comments:

Erica said...

snobby, i love how excited you are about your recent finds. even more importantly, the vocabulary you share w/ your readers is enticing! =) let the good times roll.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.