Saturday, December 8, 2007

a Nativity Story


Here in Taipei there isn't much Christmas spirit. Yes, Starbucks has the red holiday cups that are world-wide, and shopping malls here are decked out with decorations. But that's not the spirit of Christmas. I'd say it's more the commercial side of this time of year. Amid all that though, my church put on a Christmas Nativity Pageant. It only runs for one weekend -- this weekend.

The pageant has been put on for almost 7 years now and it's growing strong. When I first heard that we were doing the pageant, my thought was "Really? Who's going to come see that??" Well, tonight was our first two performances and each one was a packed house! Even more impressive since it's all outside at a park in the chilly air and blowing wind!

The Pageant is complete with Christmas carols tied into the narrated story and acted Nativity Story. I thought this would be great fun to sing in the choir...unfortunately that wasn't the case. Somehow the powers-that-be at church found out that I got my degree in Theatre and promptly put me in charge of directing the pageant! Short of a few hitches here and there, oh, and the fact that my Tech Crew doesn't speak English, we all pulled off a great show! Now, one more day...

2 comments:

Erica said...

CONGRATS snobby! what a turnout! good job. did you find another wise man? and good thing you're so fluent in mandarin now that you were able to work w/ the tech crew. nice.

Anonymous said...

Kawaii... <3