Saturday, December 1, 2007

Where have you been?!?!

So many Sundays ago I was getting ready for church. I woke up, put on some music via my computer, and left the room to shower. After a short time I came back. Everything was the same as it was before. Except one thing's different. My computer is no longer playing music. Specifically, it's playing music but stopping every three seconds and "thinking" good and hard for another 10 seconds. Oh, and now there's a grinding sound coming from "under the hood".

Long story short, in the length of time it took to shower, my hard-drive died. Totally bit it. So sad. Even more sad...I hadn't backed up some of my latest important works and everything on the old hard-drive...lost. Music, pictures, files, you name it, it's gone.

It took two weeks -- maybe a little longer, I stopped counting -- to get it fixed. Now it's back and I'm obviously here blogging again. There is a blessing to all this. Prior to this moment, my computer was on 24-7, I was constantly connected, checking e-mail, news, music, people all....the....time. Not having a computer for two weeks has been a good opportunity to realize that it's good to disconnect at the end of the day. Just shut things down, read a book, journal, do whatever. That's it for now.

Talk to you all later.

3 comments:

Erica said...

i'm hoping that you don't disconnect too long. nights at work just aren't the same w/out some chris chats...and we need to plan our NZ trip!

Thomas 24 said...

I was wondering where you were!

Hollie said...

I so feel your pain. And baby, it hurts.