Thursday, June 12, 2008

Missing it...

So, I have a friend that just left for a short vacation in China with her mom.  I find myself being rather jealous.  When I told her of my jealousy, she pointedly commented, "Please, you just came back from Taiwan!"  

True.  And now I realize how much I miss it.  I don't necessarily miss the work, but the atmosphere, the people, the speaking of the Chinese.  I love being home; don't get me wrong.  I guess I wish I had the opportunity to dip into the Asian-culture that I experienced there, here more frequently.  I hope that made sense.

Also, I can't get my Jay Chou fix as readily in the States as I can in Taiwan.  I need my Jay Chou fix!

2 comments:

joyful. said...

listening to you talk about how much you miss taiwan is strange for me. you spent the last several months telling me how much you wanted to leave.

also, i got a really interesting gift from the chinese teachers that involves you. remind me to tell you later.

Erica said...

china town baby. sf. immerse yourself. i'm sure you'll make friends.